Large lecture theatre, used for public lectures, some university lectures (especially Economics), exams, and summer schools. If you will require help with accessing the hall, call the Sidgwick Site Supervisor Jamie Brittain in advance (tel. (7)65006).
- Site Supervisor
- Jamie Brittain
- 01223 765006
Sidgwick Site, near Raised Faculty Building.
- Main entrance has level access from raised section of Sidgwick Site, through heavy double doors. Platform lift for wheelchairs down to auditorium level.
- Alternative entrance from fire door next to car park, with level access to stage and ramp down to auditorium seating. Must be arranged in advance.
- Part-tiered, with level seating at front of hall, and six designated wheelchair spaces.
- Disabled toilet in foyer, but a large post in front and an awkward door make this rather difficult to use.
- Large windows, but lights are dimmed low during lectures and projections.
- Stairs are mostly marked and have continuous handrails.
Induction loop installed. If you use a hearing aid, remind the speaker to use the microphone, as many do not.
Other Useful Information
A wheelchair lift has recently been installed to give access to a small dressing room downstairs. In practice, this is not used due to concerns with safety and evacuation.
The information on this page is the responsibility of the Sidgwick Site. The DRC updates information as it is received. This page was last updated on 1 April 2014. To ensure the information contained here is current, please check with the relevant Department.