The Disability Resource Centre provides an Asperger Syndrome screening service to students at the University of Cambridge.
You may have been referred to us via your Director of Studies or college Tutor to be screened for Asperger Syndrome. Or you may have decided to self-refer.
How can I be screened?
Step 1 – Make an appointment to see an adviser.
In order to arrange this interview, please contact the DRC.
Step 2 - Meet your disability adviser.
The initial meeting lasts up to two hours. In it you will:
- Discuss your difficulties with the adviser
- Answer a number of questions and fill out two questionnaires
- Discuss a referral to Cambridge Lifespan Asperger Syndrome Service if the adviser recommends this
- Discuss any support the adviser recommends implementing
- Make a follow-up appointment, if your advisor recommends it
Step 3 – Referral to CLASS (Cambridge Lifespan Asperger Syndrome Service)
- Your adviser will write a letter referring you to CLASS
- CLASS will make an appointment for you. The current waiting time from receipt of referral is approximately six months.