skip to content

Disability Resource Centre


The Disability Resource Centre is not an emergency service

If you don't know where to turn in an emergency or out of hours, here are a number of options:

  • Many Colleges have Porters' Lodges that are staffed 24 hours a day.
  • Many Colleges have a Tutorial system with a tutor on call.
  • You might contact a friend, neighbour or family member.
  • Contact your GP. Outside normal surgery hours, the Urgent Care Cambridgeshire (UCC) service is available - see below.
  • The self-help section on the Counselling website may have some useful information

Please note that if you want to contact the Disability Resource Centre quickly or in an emergency during opening hours then it is better to phone on 332301.


Here are other useful contact details:

NHS 111

In England call 111 for 24-hour medical advice and information.

For help in a Mental Health crisis call 111 and ask for Option 2 for the First Response service

Addenbrooke's Accident and Emergency (A & E)

Addenbrooke's Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge
Tel: 01223 217118

Urgent Care Cambridgeshire

Out of hours GP service
Tel: 0330 123 9131

The Samaritans
(Cambridge Branch)

4 Emmanuel Road, Cambridge CB1 1JW.
24-hour helpline: 01223 364455 or 08457 909090
Email: (national site)

Befriending helpline for those in crisis or despair. Open 24 hours and 365 days.

Students Unions' Advice Service

SUAS is available during working hours, details are here:


17 St Edwards Passage, Cambridge CB2 3PJ.
Tel: 01223 367575 or 01223 744444 7pm-7am nightly.

A helpline run by students for students during full term only. For further information see the Nightline web site.