Location of several small research departments and some administration offices. The Graduate Union is on the ground floor. There are seven seminar rooms, all accessible by a new lift.
- Mill Lane Facilities Team
- Estate Management
- Business Services
- Facilities Managements
- 17 Mill Lane
- CB2 1RX
- 01223 769 003 or 01223 338275
Main entrance in Old Press Site car park 1, entered from either Silver Street or Mill Lane. Ramped entrance in Old Press Site car park 2, entered from Mill Lane.
- Several steps to main entrance, with handrail. Wheelchair access at rear, where there is a platform lift and automatic door operated by proximity card. First time visitors who need help with access doors should contact the custodian or arrange in advance with your individual department.
- Four floors, including basement, with new lift to all floors. All stairs have continuous handrails. Wide, carpeted corridors, and some manual doors to negotiate. A few seats in some corridors.
- Disabled toilet on ground floor.
- Large, new, clear signs throughout, with touch-readable letters and Braille on the ground floor. Touch-readable buttons and audio information in disabled access lift.
- Generally good lighting.
- All stairs are marked and have continuous handrails.
- The building is carpeted and softly furnished, but there is some traffic noise from Silver Street.
Other Useful Information
- Several First Aiders on site. First Aid room on ground floor. Evacuation chairs fitted near staircases.
- Regular users please contact Facilities above to get your proximity card enabled for the lift.
The information on this page is the responsibility of 17 Mill Lane. The DRC updates information as it is received. To ensure the information contained here is current, please check with the relevant department.