skip to content

Disability Resource Centre


Support for New Students starting in Michaelmas Term 2020

The University of Cambridge is an inclusive university with more than 3600 disabled students currently studying across all 31 Colleges and every School. The Disability Resource Centre (DRC) offers a confidential and accessible service for all disabled students supporting access to your teaching and learning during your time at Cambridge. We are a student-centred service, committed to supporting disabled students to achieve to their academic potential.

Will students be coming to Cambridge for the start of the 2020/21 academic year?

We would like to reassure offer holders and applicants that the University and Colleges of Cambridge are preparing to welcome our new undergraduate and graduate students to Cambridge for the academic year 2020-21. We are committed to doing all we can to protect the health and safety of our staff and students. Cambridge has welcomed and nurtured students for hundreds of years and continues to do so.

For up to date information please keep checking the University of Cambridge dedicated COVID-19 webpage which includes a specific page for offerholders and prospective students. These pages are updated regularly and are the best place to find the latest, accurate information.

For further information about the 2020/21 academic year, please visit our University statements webpage.

Will there be a transition day for incoming disabled students this year?

Yes. We are planning to run our usual transition events for all incoming disabled students on-line and this information will be available on the DRC’s webpages from 7th September 2020.

Is the Disability Resource Centre (DRC) open?

Yes. The DRC remains open with nearly all our services available to students. At the moment appointments are available via, phone, email or on-line but are not available in person.  The best way to book an appointment is to email 

Can I discuss any support I might require with the DRC online?

Yes. But make sure that you have first completed our on-line student information form (alternative formats available on request). If you fill in your Student Information Form giving as much information as possible then this will assist your Disability Adviser with determining what support the University of Cambridge can offer.

Who can I contact if I have a quick question?

Hopefully you will find an answer to your question on this page, or by visiting our FAQ section, but if you need to ask a question please email

What if I have questions about my College accommodation or other questions related to my college?

In the first instance, please contact your college directly.