We recruit Non-Medical Helpers (NMH) to support our students. We also refer to Non-Medical Helpers as ‘human support’.
The roles include:
- Note takers
- Study Assistants
- Study Skills Tutors
Working as a Non-Medical Helper
NMH roles are temporary, part-time positions. You'll be registered with the Temporary Employment Service at the University.
Most of your assignments will be during University of Cambridge term time. This is 3 terms of 8 weeks. We cannot offer a guaranteed number of hours as students' requirements may change.
Working as a NMH if you're a student
Postgraduate students can apply with the approval of your Supervisor and College Tutor and can work a maximum of 10 hours a week. Ask the Graduate Student Team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate students and students on one-year courses cannot normally apply to become Non-Medical Helpers.
Application process for Non-Medical Helpers
We recruit Non-Medical Helpers when they are needed by students.
- Complete the Non-Medical Helper form.
- We'll contact you to tell you the outcome of your application.
- We may invite you to interview with a Disability Support Co-ordinator.
- If you're successful, we'll check your right to work and references, and add you to our list of Non-Medical Helpers.
- You'll need to apply for a National Insurance Number on the GOV.UK website if you do not have one.
For more information, contact email@example.com.