Support in a small or large group
Examples of support you may get in lectures, practical sessions, seminars and supervisions include:
- teaching slides, handouts and notes provided in advance
- directed reading lists, which tell you about essential reading and optional wider reading. The lists are provided in advance
- extended time to do a task, where possible
- extended deadlines for coursework and essays
- recordings of teaching sessions available from your department, or alternatives if recordings are not available
- recording instructions or teaching sessions such as lectures, seminars and supervisions yourself - to be able to do this you need to tell us about your requirements using our online form.
- reserved seating near the front of the lecture hall or room, close to a window, light source or exit
- loop or infrared system for hearing aids
- assistive technology, such as screen readers
We can also recommend specific adjustments if you go on a field trip.