Kirsty Wayland Memorial Disability Lecture
- 17th Annual Disability Lecture 2022: Where next for disabled people's equal participation? Navigating opportunities and threats in the context of Covid, cost of living and assorted future trends. Delivered by Liz Sayce on 16th June 2022
- 16th Annual Disability Lecture 2019: Mental health conditions are not synonymous with failure; a personal story by Poppy Jaman. Watch Poppy Jaman's lecture on our media streaming service.
- 15th Annual Disability Lecture 2018: Disabled Academics in the 21 Century. A panel of disabled academics, including Professor Nigel Lockett, Dr Hamied Haroon, and Professor Farah Mendlesohn spoke about their experiences as disabled academics. They described their career highlights and strategies for success in their chosen field. Watch the lecture on our media streaming service.
- 14th Annual Disability Lecture 2017: Saqib Shaikh - Innovating towards a more inclusive future. Watch Saqib Shaikh's lecture on our media streaming service.
- 13th Annual Disability Lecture 2016: Sue Kroeger - The Power of Design: Exclusion or Inclusion. Watch Sue Kroeger's lecture on our media streaming service.
- 12th Annual Disability Lecture 2015: Jess Thom - Laughter as a Catalyst for Change. Watch Jess Thom's lecture on YouTube.
- 11th Annual Disability Lecture 2014: Dr Rachel Perkins - Creating Mentally Inclusive Communities: Embracing Distress as Part of Everyday Life
- 10th Annual Disability Lecture 2013: Dame Ann Begg - Two steps forward, one step back: challenges to disabled people in 2013
- 9th Annual Disability Lecture 2011: Dr Nicola Martin - Disability Identity - Disability Pride
- 8th Annual Disability Lecture 2010: Dr Ross Cooper - Neurodiversity and Dyslexia
- 7th Annual Disability Lecture 2009: Professor Alan Roulstone - Disabled People and the Economic Downturn
- 6th Annual Disability Lecture 2008: Baroness Jane Campbell - Fighting for a slice or for a bigger cake?
- 5th Annual Disability Lecture 2007: Professor Lewis Wolpert - Severe Depression is Indescribable
- 4th Annual Disability Lecture 2006: Bert Massie CBE - Civil and Human Rights for Disabled People: The Future Agenda
- 3rd Annual Disability Lecture 2005: Professor Simon Baron-Cohen - Is Asperger Syndrome a Disability?
- 2nd Annual Disability Lecture 2004: Dr Tom Shakespeare - Can Genetics Solve the Disability Problem?
- 1st Annual Disability Lecture 2003: Professor Usha Goswami - A Cross-language Approach to Developmental Dyslexia